Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Storing Ink Cartridges

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rrath1212

rrath1212

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

I purchased two HP 950 XL cartridges which I believe will probably go bad before I'm able to use them all and I was wondering how I could store them to avoid them  going bad. HP recommend storing them anywhere between 5°F and 95° which of course doesn't make sense. Chemically speaking storing things in a cool dry environment tends to preserve things better I think. HP and some of the other companies specifically tell you to avoid placing these cartridges and plastic Ziploc bags. Why is this I wonder?  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has solved the problem. I have a OfficeJet Pro 8600 which has given me reasonably good service but it balks at using refilled ink which I purchased at Costco's. They were nice enough to refund my money but it was disappointing and time-consuming.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 April 2016 - 12:26 PM.
split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492879/hp-officejet-pro-8600-doesnt-work-with-refilled-oem-cartridges/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

I use a piece of scotch tape across the printhead face to seal the ink ports.  A little alcohol will clean it off when returning to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users