Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyhunter 4 keeps reporting stuff, yet nothing else finds it 123.sogou

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bluevyper

Bluevyper

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

Ended up trying spyhunter 4 (trial that does not remove) out and this is driving me crazy, its reporting over 100 123.sogou, yet nothing else does. I have run malwarebytes, superantispyware, spybot, avast, ad-adware. Is this program trust worthy, how can I check if I do actually have this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

Hi Bluevyper :)

I'm ready to bet that these detections are cookies, isn't that right? ;) Cookies aren't harmful, nor are they malicious. Some programs (like SpyHunter) detects them for X reason (personally, I believe it's a shady marketing tactic to make the user believe that the program is useful but anyway...). If these detections are all cookies related, then you don't have anything to worry about. The reason why Malwarebytes, Avast! and Ad-Aware don't detect these, is because they do not target cookies. I think Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware did detect cookies in the past, but now I'm not sure.

If you are really worried about these hits, the solution is simple: run any temp file cleaner and they'll be taken care of :)

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on TFC.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;
Speaking of SpyHunter, do you know that the makers (Enigma Software Group USA, LLC) filled a lawsuit against BleepingComputer because of a "bad review" of their product that was posted here? You can click on the link in my signature to read more about it.

Personally, SpyHunter isn't worth using, nor should you pay any attention to it's detections. There's far better products out there, actual, legitimate products that works that is :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Bluevyper

Bluevyper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

No, I had no idea about the lawsuit :( I will get TFC right now.

And thank you for helping me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users