Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Going green

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:59 AM

We're buying new computers for the different departments in our company as part of our go-green program. Which brand is known for having eco-friendly products?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

As far as I know, companies don't make efficiency a priority these days. I can recommended specs to look for though.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,482 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

We're buying new computers for the different departments in our company as part of our go-green program. Which brand is known for having eco-friendly products?

That's kind of a loaded question.  The most efficient? The greenest production? The greenest recycle program?  Even so I hardly think a company would consider this a concern but if you do that is awesome!!!!  Personally I would buy computers with the best durability as that in itself would be a big environmental investment to me.  Maintenance would be second concern in keeping a pc enviro friendly.  I see that Dell and HP are at the top along with another company that I never heard of lol.  Many computers are just tossed, or are no longer compatible with current technology imo.  There are many list's out there but who knows by what criteria they are using to create these list's articles.  A lot of the articles I see are old, here is one that you might read, unless you can find newer.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/Guide-to-Greener-Electronics/18th-Edition/Introduction/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

That's a great point. I'd love anything that you guys can recommend both in specs or brand.

We recently hired a company for continuous monitoring and their energy management solution. I'm thinking maybe they have an idea of which ones to get.

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,482 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

That's a great point. I'd love anything that you guys can recommend both in specs or brand.

Sorry, still a bit of a noob to computers.  You would need to post exactly what kind of stuff you are doing at work, and that company you are working with will know better than I for sure.  It might also be good to know how the old system did with the work load and adjust from there considering the old hardware.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users