Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Looking for inexpensive full Windows 7 Pro licenses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 walterh481

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

I'm trying to track down a lot of inexpensive Windows 7 Pro licenses for my little shop. Suggestions?

Edit: Moved topic from Business Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 54,995 posts
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

AFAIK...Microsoft has never authorized selling of licenses only for Win 7.  To get a license, one must purchase a Genuine Windows install disk...or execute a legal download from an authorized site which provides both software and license.

Over ten years ago, the selling of licenses sans installation media...was possible for Win 9X and XP...but MS put a stop to such in 2005-2006.

Edited by hamluis, 26 April 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#3 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,149 posts
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

I'm guessing that you are installing Windows 7 Pro from a retail copy on multiple computers?

If this is the case you need to look into purchasing a Window 7 Pro volume license.  The only other option is to purchase individual retail copies of the operating system.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users