Greetings, I have 3 Windows 7 computers in my home, 1 is a laptop and 2 are PCs, I own the laptop and (what I'm going to call) PC1 to make things simple.
When I attempt to open another computer from PC1 in Windows Explorer I get the error 0x80070035 The network path was not found (the very second I double click it, as if it's not even trying to connect). My laptop and PC2 are able to share with no issues and can even transfer files from themselves to PC1. I am at a loss at this point because I literally have been trying to fix this for almost a month, but to no avail.
Ways I have attempted to troubleshoot this are;
- Disabling Firewalls and Antiviruses completely
- Making sure the Windows Sharing center are correct (even though they are not part of the same workgroup - which I have also ruled out as a possible solution)
- I am able to ping PC2 and my laptop in CMD from PC1 with no troubles.
- Using \\(ComputerName) in Windows Explorer on PC1 comes up with the same error message as above.
- IPv6 is enabled and Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP is selected in the IPv4 settings of my adapters on all devices.
These are the only suggestions I can recall doing, since I have been to countless sites, trying to find a possible fix, I simply cannot remember all possible solutions I have tried offhand.
I am extremely grateful for any solutions anyone may have.
Edited by JustCallMeAlec, 25 April 2016 - 01:49 PM.