Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snes And N64

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vicmax

vicmax

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to get games for the PC that originally came out on the Nintendo machines. I would like to play some old classics i used to have but no longer have the consoles from back when i was a kid and wondered if anyone has Nintendo games on there computers.I miss the classics like Super mario world, mario kart, and i was a sucker for a certain beat em up called Final Fight,beat em ups are not my thing but i loved this,and Goldeneye on the N64. If it is possible, are they free and more to the point are they Virus/Spyware free?
Its taken long enough over the months to sort my PC out,i dont want to go back to infection again!

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

I don't think anybody can tell you that because it would be against forum regulations.

*edit* it could also be illegeal as well.

Edited by Wizdabest, 05 August 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

Possible? Yes.

Legal? No.

It is illegal to download SNES and N64 games off the internet. Some websites say that you can download them if you own the original game, while some say that the only way they are legal is if you make them from your copy of the game yourself!!!

Its a gray area; if I were you, I wouldn't go there at all. But, if you still have the original cartridge, you should be able to rip them yourself; I don't know how you would do that, though. You could probably find out online.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

hi vicmax, you may find this site interesting. I found it by googling super mario and it led me to Wikipedia article on the Nintendo games and then here:http://ddrmariomix.com/main.html?detectflash=false

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 vicmax

vicmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

Thanks guys. Let me just point out. I have no intention of breaking the law, i was just wondering if any of those games had been made into freeware by Nintendo, or if it was possible to download them for the PC but pay Nintendo, like sega did with there golden oldies, selling them on disc, 10 of the best in one box like Sonic and Panzer dragoon etc.

Oh well......i guess i will just have to remember them as they were..... :thumbsup:

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:13 AM

Nintendo is attemping to make money off those games. They are going to allow D/l'ing off of their servers when the Wii (yeah revolution sounded better) is released. However it maybe possible to D/l them to your computer once this system is up and running. And as always there is a fee.

Posted Image

#7 Evan198

Evan198

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

Considering the fact that I have a Sage position on Nintendo.com, the answer to your question is no. Those games are solely the property of Nintendo of America, therefore redistributing them on the internet would be illegal. I asked this question for you to NOA_Andy (The Supervisor of Web Content for Nintendo of America), and he said simply that because those games were never released for the internet by a Nintendo company, that yes it would indeed be illegal to find a download of them. I would reccomend to bring back old memories, just go get a DS or DSL (Nintendo DS or DS Lite) system, and simply buy "New Super Mario Bros. for it. Also Mariokart from N64 as well as NES and SNES and GBA is available for NDS. It is a great game with brand new features. Hope this helps
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users