Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winload.exe not found/0xc000000e MOVED

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PBnJ

PBnJ

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:31 AM

Mod Edit: Moved to Win 7 from AII ~~boopme

Hi, Bleepingcomputer community, I've recently had a very strange issue yesterday with my pc becoming corrupted and unable to boot, while I was working on music on my computer. everytime I try to boot it gives me the following error message:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

I do not have a cd drive on my desktop, it currently runs Windows 7 64-bit ultimate, I have tried to boot the system repair disc off of a usb, but it gives me similar errors saying it cannot find winload.exe, and refuse to repair my system even though it loads the recovery files. I will appreciate any help that I can receive on how to fix this.

Edited by boopme, 25 April 2016 - 10:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:19 AM

Hi PBnJ

Sorry to hear about your problems.

When you are booting from your USB do you get screen looking like this?
If so I take it that you have tried Startup Repair? You could also try System Restore before following my steps. 

Please make sure you are really booting from your USB by settings boot priority from BIOS.

If you see screen like that please do following steps:

1) Open Command Prompt. Black console box should appear.

2) Type in following command:

bootrec /osscan

and press Enter.
It should now list all operating systems installed along with yours. If no OS is reported please let me know
and don't proceed further. In case you have multiple OS on your machine I would like to know about that as well.

3) If reported operating system was correct, run following command:

bootrec /RepairBcd

4) After done, shutdown your machine, remove USB and boot to normal Windows.

Let me know if this works.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

Try booting into Safe Mode.  If you are able to do this select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste bootrec /rebuildbcd in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

You will see the following.

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.

If this was successful you will receive the following message.

Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users