Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical error when clicking on user accounts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Arkredneck

Arkredneck

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

I want to change my password, but I get an error message that states there is a critical error and will shut down in one minute.. As soon as I click on user accounts the error message comes up. The computer shuts down and restarts.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Does this happen in Safe Mode?

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#3 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

Yes.

#4 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

What is the exact error message?

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#5 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.  Please save your work.

#6 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

Open a command prompt on the computer and run the command "sfc /scannow". Tell me what it says and provide a log if it creates one.

#7 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.  Details are in CBS.Log...

I have the log in Notepad.  Could not attach to this reply.

#8 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

Could you post the contents in [code=auto:0] tags?

#9 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

[code=auto:0] tags is foreign to me. Never used it before.  That Word Pad file is big!

#10 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Uh. I don't know what the "auto:0" is about. Just type [ code ] (log text here) [ /code ] (without spaces).

#11 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

I get the above error message when I open Windows normally.  Time for a clean install.  Thanks

#12 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

If you wish, you could do a repair install that won't wipe out everything.

#13 Arkredneck

Arkredneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

I read the repair install you mentioned above and I believe the clean install is more my speed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users