Hi guys, 1st time poster.
About a month ago, i was using windows 7 and it was crashing non stop, even while doing minor tasks like watching a video on youtube. I tried to do a virus scan and it would crash in the middle of it. In the end, i decided to update to windows 10 and to my amazement the crashing stopped. However it was far from perfect, when i am live streaming from sites like Twitch my cpu usage would go as high as 80%. The intervals however are random. I could watch a stream for 2-3h and it would be fine (i would even be playing games while twitch was running in the background) and some other times my computer would start to lag (even on other sites such as youtube there would be a delay while scrolling down the page) in under an hour and the cpu usage would be through the roof. The only way i found to fix this would be to restart my computer. Today however, i was playing a game (dota 2) and my computer had a BSOD for the 1st time on windows 10 with the error "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT".
I have updated all my drivers and BIOS to the latest versions (to my knowledge). I have ran a full scan on "bitdefender total security 2016" with nothing found. My window's update is also up to date.
· OS - Windows 10
· original installed OS on system - Windows 7
· I brought a retail version of windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10
· Age of system - 6 months
· Age of OS installation - 4 days. (as of 24th April 2016)
· CPU - Intel core i5-4690k @3.50 GHz
· Video Card - msi gtx 970 gaming 4g
· MotherBoard - z97-a/usb 3.1
· Power Supply - Corsair CX600M 600w high performance modular power supply
· System Manufacturer - Asus