Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OEM W7 versus Microsoft W7 - length of support question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

hamlius, dc3, anybody -- do you know if the following scenario is true or not?  Both an OEM Windows 7 owner [license-holder] and a Microsoft Windows 7 owner [license-holder] receive Windows Updates, and both go to various Microsoft web sites to add things to their OS.  Does Microsoft have a shorter time period of support for OEM W7 folks than for Microsoft W7 folks?  Reason for asking:  Over a year and a half ago, when I had OEM W8, when I searched Microsoft web sites, it seemed to me that OEM Windows offers just did not "last" as long as Microsoft Windows offers.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users