Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 7558 Screen Randomly Going Black (Windows 10)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OceanBreeze100

OceanBreeze100

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:03 AM

So recently ( about three days now) my dell inspiron laptops screen will go black but not turn off. The only way to make the screen turn back on is to restart the computer. It is not a screen saver because I have that disabled, I also have my power and sleep times to "never" so that the computer doesn't go off randomly. I own a cooling pad to keep the laptop cool while gaming and have recently taken air to the vents in the computer. My bios and graphics drivers are up to date. Not sure what to do right now, the computer isn't even 7 months old and hasn't had any problems since now. Help is greatly appreciated to help get my computer to stop turning off during games and daily tasks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

Then it should still be under warranty and you should call tech support for help.

In the meantime, you could attach an external monitor to the notebook and see if it goes black too.

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gifWindows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
───────────────────────

#3 OceanBreeze100

OceanBreeze100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

I'm on the verge of calling tech. This is U expectable for a computer that is only 7 months older. As for the external monitor, I don't own one. I'm the only person in the home that has a computer, my dad has only a kindle fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users