Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google chrome redirect navigation.iwatchavi.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 franroll

franroll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:47 PM

My google chrome redirect to "navigation.iwatchavi.com" no matter what i do. Help!!

Thanks,

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RayS

RayS

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 2,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:16 AM

Hello franroll,

My name is Ray and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me about a day to review your logs and prepare a reply. Since I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be reviewed by my instructor prior to being posted to make sure that you receive the best assistance possible.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll be with you shortly!

RayS

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#3 RayS

RayS

• 2,330 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

Hello franhope, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I will be helping you with your computer problem. My nickname is Ray. Please tell me yours.

• Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless specifically requested. Instead, please copy and paste the entire text of the logs into the body of your reply. Use separate posts if that's easier for you.
  • Please do not try to fix anything without being asked.
  • Always read my entire message before you begin to follow my instructions.
  • It may be helpful for you to print my instructions for easy reference.
  • Perform my instructions in the order as given.
  • Any fixes I provide are for this specific problem on this machine only.
  • Removing malware is hazardous. I will not knowingly advise actions that will damage your computer, but it is impossible to guarantee the safety of your system. It may even become necessary to re-format and re-install your operating system. Before we proceed, you should back up all your data -- preferably to a different computer or to off-line storage.

I see from Addition.txt which you supplied that you ran FRST64.exe from C:\Users\Francisca\Downloads. Please navigate to that same location and re-run FRST64.exe. Be sure to place a checkmark into the Addition.txt box. Please copy and paste the entire contents of both FRST.txt and Addition.txt into the body of your reply.

Please tell me about any other unusual symptoms. For example, does Microsoft Internet Explorer also redirect? Give me as much detail as possible including verbatim copies of any warning or error messages you see. Please also confirm that you have backed up all your important files.

Thank you.

Ray

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#4 RayS

RayS

• 2,330 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

Hi franhope,

3 Day Bump

It has been 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this?
  • If you have not replied within 48 hours I will assume you have abandoned the Topic and it will be closed.

Ray

#5 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users