Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device Found

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 heyalisha

heyalisha

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

I recently had to reinstall windows. I did not do a clean install. I had to do it because my copy of windows was not guenuine. After I did this the computer cannot find an audio device. My speakers are built into my moniter. Everything is plugged in correctly. And the moniter is fairly new. There are no yellow marks in the device manager. I am extremely confused. Somebody please Help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 heyalisha

heyalisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

:thumbsup:

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

What is the make and model of your computer? What type of audio card do you have?
With that known, you could download the latest driver from the manufacturer of your computer, or audio card.
JC

#4 heyalisha

heyalisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

The computer was peiced together. But it has a built in sound card and the motherboard is a BCS Elitegroup P6VEM3.

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

From the searches that I did...this looks like it is the right driver for you audio card. Let us know.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Pro...=35&LanID=9
JC

#6 heyalisha

heyalisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the help. I actually got it fixed and did not need to download the driver. But again, thank you so much!!!

#7 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:11 PM

What exactly did you do to fix it? It may help others with the same issue.
JC

#8 heyalisha

heyalisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

I'm not completely sure. It was actually somebody else's computer. She changes things and doesn't really know what she is doing. I downloaded a driver update before but nothing seemed to happen. So I just figured it was the wrong update. She said that she went into control panel>sounds and audio devices>audio Then she changed the sound playback. I don't remember what she changed it to. I know is started with SIS but I don't remember the rest. I don't think that it was on there before I did the download. But I could be wrong.

#9 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:34 AM

Ok, thanks.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users