Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flickering window during games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SamKal

SamKal

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hello,

I have a really annoying problem that I can not for the life of me find a solution to. So two days ago my windows got a malware/virus which caused chaos so I ended up eventually refreshing my windows. Time to time the windows flicker which is fine but when I play games, it flickers heavily and makes it unplayable. Right now I have tested League of Legends and Hearthstone, both of which windows flicker. I also ended up reseting my windows 10 the second time but the problem persists. I'm sorry if I'm not being clear but I did make a video last night to visualize my problem:

Any help will be appreciated, I just wanna know the cause of this and what can I do to make it go away. At this point I think I might have to do a fresh reinstall. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

Install latest version of the graphic card driver if the latest driver is already installed then uninstall the driver as it could be buggy and install previous version of the graphic card driver.

Edited by FreeBooter, 23 April 2016 - 06:43 PM.

Posted Image

#3 SamKal

SamKal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

Install latest version of the graphic card driver if the latest driver is already installed then uninstall the driver as it could be buggy and install previous version of the graphic card driver.

I did that, I rolled back to the previous version of the drivers but the problem still persisted.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

Don't roll back uninstall currently installed driver then install previous version of the driver.

Edited by FreeBooter, 23 April 2016 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:18 AM

First, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

There may still be remnants of the infection on your system - and it can either cause this sort of error, or it can prevent the fixes from working.

Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

Once you're clean, please post back here with these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 SamKal

SamKal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

I actually did a fresh install of windows 10 and the problem is fixed, however I have other problems now unrelated to this topic. Should I make another thread or continue on this. My problem is that my computer is not shutting down or sleeping, the monitors simply go to sleep but the desktop stays on. Can anyone help?

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hi SamKal,

You should start new thread for your questions not relating to this thread issues.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users