Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

I just got the blue screen of death. And it said this:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

*STOP: 0x0000004E (0x0000008F, 0x000334BF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0x00000000)

I believe it said it could be from a bad device driver. What do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

It also said something about the cache. I'm not sure now I'll definately put more information up later if it happens again.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:16 AM

What does the Event Viewer show? Start> Programs> Adminstrative Tools> Event Viewer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:22 AM

If it said something about a bad driver look in your device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning icons in any of the devices.

Let us know.

#5 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

TCP/IP
The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

System Error:
Error code 0000004e, parameter1 0000008f, parameter2 000334bf, parameter3 ffffffff, parameter4 00000000.

DCOM
The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

#6 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:13 PM

doesn't seem as if anything is wrong with the drivers. I recently put in a new driver for my videocard a couple days ago. B/C i was having problems with it before. So I downloaded a driver for it disabled the previous driver and installed a new one. I have an EVGA E-Geforce 6600 GT PCI-E.

#7 Riven

Riven

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

Have a look at this:

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=334

I hope it helps!!

Good luck

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Have you installed any new hardware just before you began to get the bsod with the error code?

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

I recently put in a new driver for my videocard a couple days ago.

This sure looks like she did.

So I downloaded a driver for it disabled the previous driver and installed a new one

Perhaps the system is still looking for the old driver because it hasn't been uninstalled, just disabled?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

its been uninstalled. oh and i don't know if it was a misprint but i'm a him :thumbsup:

#11 tkcraw

tkcraw

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

i have seen a CHKDSK /r from recovery console fix this issue a few times. If you have never been in the recovery console you will either need the XP cd or the 6 boot disks from the microsoft web site. once you boot to the cd or use the 6 boot floppies then on the first screen press R for recovery console. once in there press 1 then enter and if it asks for administrator password if there is none then just press enter. at the c:\windows> type in chkdsk /r and make sure that there is a space between the k and the \.

good luck

P>S> also been known to happen with the video card not having the most up to date driver but if you already have that then try to roll back the driver aswell.

#12 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:38 PM

thanks for the help everyone. i'll know what to do hopefully if it happens again.

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

So if it's been uninstalled ...

If none of the other suggestions work, you might try these:

System File Checker

Windows XP comes with a utility that will scan Windows system files on your computer and replace them if they seem to have modified or deleted. This is an important tool as there are many viruses and malware that will intentionally delete certain Windows system files. The System File Checker uses different arguments to change its behavior and are described below:

/SCANNOW - You would use this argument to make the SFC tool immediately check your computer for missing or changed system files.

/SCANONCE - You would use this argument to make the SFC tool check your computer for missing or changed system files on the next reboot.

/SCANBOOT - You would use this argument to make the SFC tool check your computer for missing or changed system files every time it boots up.

For most situations, you can just type: sfc /scannow to immediately have it run and check for the altered/deleted files.

From the Windows XP Recovery Features

i'm a him :thumbsup:

Sorry about that: I have been hanging around folks from Korea, China, and Taiwan so long that sometimes I make their kinds of errors. They have ONE pronoun that covers both he and she - wish I could say the same for English: it would solve a lot of writing and speaking issues...

Orange Blossom :flowers:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 August 2006 - 10:42 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#14 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

no big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users