Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to download win10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 airaced57

airaced57

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Several months ago,I deleted or uninstalled  a few windows updates which served to enable Win 10 functionality and got rid of the win10 download icon on the task bar. Now that I have decided to go with Win 10 I find I am unable to download that program. Is there any way I can resolve this problem and upgrade my Win 7 to Win 10?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

Here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 .  There are several options there to do what you want.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

Now that I have decided to go with Win 10 I find I am unable to download that program.

Which program are you unable to download?  Do you mean the Media Creation tool?  You don't need to use the Media Creation tool.  Just download the ISO here, mount the ISO and double-click the setup.exe file.

IMPORTANT!  Before you upgrade, I recommend that you make a backup with a program like Macrium Reflect Free.  Make a Rescue Disc too, so if anything goes wrong you will be able to easily revert to your previous operating system.

#4 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thank you both for your replies. Will do a back up and give downloading the ISO a shot.

#5 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

Successfully downloaded Win 10 without problem and without losing anything I seem of importance from my previous system.  Many thanks for your advice. .  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users