Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your'e probably thinking I'm making this up.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 montinran

montinran

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

My HP laptop does these things...

Some times when I move the pointer across the screen it will zoom out suddenly. Reversing the mouse pointer has no effect.  Use of the zoom control  - | nnn | +  is necessary to zoom back in.

I can't paste this to where it needs to go.

NoSquint

NoSquint.png?6b9ecc

NoSquint brings more control to the zoom business by taking over the native zoom of Firefox. You can not only set the default zoom levels on a site by site basis or apply global settings; you can also change the text and background color to whatever suits you. Irritating backgrounds can also be disabled.

This is not related to the sudden zoom out problem.

Sometimes when I touch the mouse there appears very briefly around it expanding rings like ripples from a stone in the water.  It's sudden and fast. I'm not able to associate this with any pattern of results- they are too small to notice.

There is one other annoyance that will not occur while I am looking for it. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AaroniusLeonius

AaroniusLeonius

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Try running without nosquint and see if that fixes it. It may be that software is full of glitches. If that doesn't do it and you are on a laptop or have a trackpad on a desktop, make sure you are not bumping it. Also, nosquint is no longer being maintenanced due to compatibility issues with the new Firefox so it may have something to do with it

Edited by AaroniusLeonius, 22 April 2016 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users