Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

my external hard disk asking for format

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sergon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hi there,
I have a problem in my external 320 GB.
Whenever plug it in, it shows that I should format it.
I have read a post on this website and James recommended using the Parted Magic booting.
I have used it, but it did not show the files in the hard after doing all the procedure and shutting down the parted magic program.
So, I read more heron this website and James told the guy with the problem to plug in a good external hard disk to copy the important files. I tried to do that too, but I faced a problem with the broken hard which I can not change the status of the broken hard from MOUNT to UNMOUNT.
so, please help me out to keep going and fix my hard disk or at least copying my Data.
Please... wish that James sees my post and reply ASAP
Thank u alooot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,059 posts
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

This indicates that Parted Magic cannot mount the drive. Boot to Windows, connect the drive. Open Disk Management. Is the drive listed as RAW?

On your other post, I would edit your post to remove your email address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users