Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps get uninstalled and not by me

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 misssbb

misssbb

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Asus X555LA-HI7 laptop (less than three months old), Firefox is default browser, Webroot (paid version) for security, Office 2010, Dropbox (came with it), only added apps are Dragon 13, InternetDownloadManager, VLC Media player, Logitech trackball mouse and Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and Carbonite, which is frozen at the moment.

In addition to the mouse issue, I realized yesterday that a number of apps I've installed have disappeared.  TeamViewer, Skype, M00 Voice Recorder and just yesterday/today, Advanced System Care, which I just installed yesterday to see if it would help the mouse problem.

Why is this happening and what can be done about it??  Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 digmor crusher

digmor crusher

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

How do you know they are uninstalled? Did you look in the control panel under Programs to see if they are still there? Maybe the icons have just disappeared. Are the files still there? 

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

I can guarantee that Skype has not been uninstalled. Look through the start menu and you might find all of your "missing" apps.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

Advanced System Care is a registry cleaner, How do you think that would help?

#5 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

Yes of course I looked in All Apps on the Start Menu and in Control panel - not there.  Including Skype, which I had to reinstall yesterday when I went to use it and it wasn't there.  Did a search and it was not to be found.

And Advanced System Care does a LOT more than just clean the registry, you might consider looking into it, it's a wonderful product and very highly rated.  I've had it on every computer I've ever owned and even bought the Pro version a couple of years ago.  Cannot praise it highly enough.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

#6 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

Have you got a restore point to go back to? (Even that might not help if you,ve got file corruption).

Id strongly suggest a serious malware scan - Eset Online Scanner - Malware bytes - and go from there,programs dont normally just disapear by themselves.

(Or you could post in the "Am i infected"Forum);

Personally id be inclined to keep a close eye on Teamviewer,im not that up on it but id be careful with what you connect to with it.

Teamviewer and Ransom-ware thread from this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/surprise-ransomware-installed-via-teamviewer-and-executes-from-memory/

If a restore doesnt work,you might be looking at a  reset or reinstall to fix everything.

#7 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

Nope, no infections.  And even the download is deleted, so you have to start all over again from scratch.

As for Team Viewer, there is only one person I ever use it with, my tech support guy, who can't figure it out either.  In all these years its the only thing that has ever had him stumped.

#8 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:36 PM

Nope, no infections.  And even the download is deleted, so you have to start all over again from scratch.

Ok,i like a good scratch...

First off,did you try a restore point?

Assume the programs missing from the Program files folder as well as Control panel.

The fact that you,ve tried to re - install a program and its still not showing up is not good news

It may be if the programs have just disappeared and wont re install,may have to reset pc or reinstall.

And Advanced System Care does a LOT more than just clean the registry, you might consider looking into it, it's a wonderful product and very highly rated.  I've had it on every computer I've ever owned and even bought the Pro version a couple of years ago.  Cannot praise it highly enough.

If you,ve been using the "one click"registry cleaner function of this program,its possible that its deleted important registry keys and is the source of your problem?

Bleeping computer forum does not recommend the use of registry cleaners,

Registry cleaners have a negligible affect on computer performance and can do significant damage including rendering your system unbootable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users