Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse freezes periodically for 5 sec to 5 minutes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 misssbb

misssbb

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Asus X555LA-HI7 laptop (less than three months old), Firefox is default browser, Webroot (paid version) for security, Office 2010, Dropbox (came with it), only added apps are Dragon 13, InternetDownloadManager, VLC Media player, Logitech trackball mouse and Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and Carbonite, which is frozen at the moment. 

Periodically, and it's not consistent with respect to the time of day or the length of time it goes on, the mouse response just freezes up and won't do anything.  I can move it around, but nothing I click on responds.  It doesn't matter what I'm doing or what programs/apps are active.  I can have everything but Word closed and it still happens.  Using the mouse on the laptop yields the exact same results, so it's not the mouse.

I know from experience that when M'soft does updates that this happens, so those of you who've experienced that, this is what it's like.  If it goes on for several minutes, I open Task Manager to End Task for everything that is running and restart, because for all I know it's caused by an update, but most of the time it isn't.

What is going on and what can I do about it?  Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

I forgot to say that while in Word on Outlook or any other place I'm tying, I can move the cursor by using the up-down, left-right buttons on the keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users