Hey all, first post and everything.
My little brother, brilliant boy that he is, installed some program that was supposedly a better Steam with better sales. Of course this program was littered with viruses. I proceeded to run Avast, which froze up and could not enable the firewall anymore. Then went into the Control Panel and uninstalled Wajak which was popping inappropriate ads all over everything and Steam. I saw that a program called One System Care was there as well, but I couldn't remove it off of the Control Panel.
Afterwards I ran adwcleaner and it removed One System Care and Lavasoft Web Companion. Unfortunately after that finished the computer lost access to the internet. It shows that it's connected to the Network, but neither ethernet and Wireless are working. I've tried:
- Checking the Internet Options to see if a Proxy was enabled.
- Checking if the DNS was messed with in the Network options.
- Ran Rkill.exe
- Ran MiniToolBox.exe
- Ran JRT.exe
- Flushed the ipconfig, ipv4, ipv6 in cmd.
- Reinstalling the Ethernet and Wireless drivers.
- Restarting the computer afterwards.
And none of that has helped. He is still unable to access the internet after all that. I'm out of ideas, hope you guys can help. Not sure what other information I can provide.