Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HitmanPro Enterprise vs HitmanPro.Alert and Licenses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gimp69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:27 AM

I have a company with 80-100 users and am looking at HitmanPro.Alert specifically for the CryptoGuard feature.

The SurfRight website is as clear as mud on how you license HitmanPro.Alert as a business user and I was hoping that somebody had gone through this process.

As a trial I installed HitmanPro and then HitmanPro.Alert, but it appeared that HitmanPro.Alert has the on-demand scanner HitmanPro built in and I didn't need to install HitmanPro as well.  Or do I?  What benefit if any is there?

On contacting SurfRight about licensing I got this response.

For now you can purchase the Enterprise license and use it with HitmanPro.Alert as well.
When the business version is released, you can upgrade to the official version.

So if I buy HitmanPro for Enterprise the license key works with BOTH HitmanPro for Enterprise and HitmanPro.Alert?  Do I then need to install BOTH HitmanPro for Enterprise and HitmanPro.Alert or just HitmanPro.Alert?

They might be better at dealing with businesses under the Sophos banner later this year but in the meantime has anybody been through this?

Edited by gimp69, 22 April 2016 - 07:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 digmor crusher

digmor crusher

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

Not sure how it works for business but for personal use the HItman Pro license is good for both. You would have to install Alert as it works in real time, you do not have to install HItman Pro as it is an on demand scanner, basically if you think you've caught something you can download it to scan, if it finds something then  you would have to use the license to activate it to remove the threat. Of course you could install both if you like, just remember that Hitman Pro only scans when you want it to and provides no real time protection. My comments are in regards to the personal versions and I do not know if the business applications are different but I doubt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users