Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will wireless ever return?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boomdig

boomdig

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

Woke up to an unreal situation with my computers. I have a GatewayE-6610 desktop  that I have hard wired and an Aspire 5253 laptop that is wireless.Both are running Windows 10 have been acting flawlessly. for months.Today I sit down and noticed I had no internet to either machine. Pressing on ward, I find an odd assortment files also missing. I finally got the internet running on my WI-Fi laptop and was able to connect using hard wire not Wi-Fi. I stiil have one to run to my Gateway desk top. I cannot get my wireless running, cannot get my desk top running.

I know very little Wi-Fi and no clue as to what. Plug/unplug. Run a Bios back up.and that's about it. I am currently with Verizon WIFI but will be switching to Frontier very soon.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

It's quite possible you had an internet outage.  When that happens, there is nothing you can do about it.  Your ISP (or Internet Service Provider) is most likely experiencing a problem on their end.  You just have to wait patiently until they rectify the problem.

How are you getting internet access?  Do you have a modem or router, or both maybe?  Most modems and routers have a light which indicates whether or not there is internet access.  Whenever you have a problem with your internet, this is one of the things you should check.

I finally got the internet running on my WI-Fi laptop and was able to connect using hard wire not Wi-Fi.

Did you try rebooting your computer?  Your computer should automatically connect to Wifi again after you reboot.

I am currently with Verizon WIFI but will be switching to Frontier very soon.

It doesn't matter which ISP you use.  All ISPs may experience problems from time to time that would make the internet go down.

Pressing on ward, I find an odd assortment files also missing.

What are you referring to as "ward"?  Can you describe how to get to the location where these files are missing?  I hope you didn't delete any system files of folders.  You shouldn't go fooling around with the BIOS either.  None of these things have anything to do with your loss of internet.  In fact, fooling around with the BIOS or system files could land you in real trouble.

#3 boomdig

boomdig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

I finally just used the supplied Windows 10 problem detection program and after a few tries I got my wi fi back. Don't know what the program did or what corrections it made but my wi fi is back. Now to get my wi fi HP printer to go....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users