Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Camera roll folder on my desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

I use Win 10 and and :mad::mad:for some reason an empty folder called "camera roll" appears on my desktop out of no where.  
I delete it and as soon as I start working again all of a sudden it reappears.  I have no idea what it is or what triggers it to reappear. It doesn't seem to do any harm except it drives me nuts.  Easy to do.
Can anyone help?  I sure would like to solve the mystery.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

Well that folder is only created by third party software that is running you should disconnect all attach devices and delete the folder to find out issue resolves. If the issue is not resolve then perform a Clean Boot state to eliminate third party startup programs and services.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

Back in September 2014, there was a free camera roll bonus offer for OneDrive.  If you took advantage of the offer at that time, you will have a folder name Camera Roll on your computer.  Mines is in my Pictures folder.  I don't know why yours is on the desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users