Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Modem: Pace 4111N not connect wireless Printer HP 3052 J611

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bluedragonlair

bluedragonlair

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hope this is OK. I placed topic in External Devices with no responds. So, thought would give this a try since may be Network problem.

We have AT&T DSL new modem they since a few days ago to replace old 2-Wire is a Pace 4111N. For some reason it will not allow printer: HP 3052 J611 to connect to network.

Attempted to uninstall/install software for Wireless Printer several times. Tried install wirelessly, laptop connected by USB to Printer: Both failed.

Manually turning Printer Wireless "ON": Fail Printer changes back to "OFF". 

Last attempt was connected laptop to Modem with Ethernet cord and USB from laptop to Printer: Failed.

Printer says MAC Filter was problem to add new numbers to "allow" list. Done this: Failed. 

Any advice, info or assistance?

"Thank you" in advance for any assistance and I apologize if wrong to put Topic in 2 areas.

"Thanks!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:42 PM

Were you able to detect the new wireless network in the network setup of the printer? Do you have any other wireless devices connected to the new router?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 bluedragonlair

bluedragonlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:54 PM

Were you able to detect the new wireless network in the network setup of the printer? Do you have any other wireless devices connected to the new router?

Printer setup: No the network was not detected. Only reason know it  was the printed respond by printer to what was wrong: MAC Filter needed to add number printer supplied to add to Modem http.

Tried manual turn on printer to wireless"ON" but printer switches itself back to "Off".

Other wireless devices connected to network: No problem with 2 laptops, just added new Modem to mine(Gateway Win 7) and other laptop(Toshiba Win 8.1)  connected to internet like normal on startup.

Also, Tablet(Android)  is WiFi and it working, no problem.

Deleted Printer from my laptop and network a few times then re-installed. Also, reset Printer to default settings, thinking was set to old 2-Wire Modem IP address: Failed to work.

Cleaned Laptop Registry, too.

"Thank you!" I appreciate any assistance. Saw where others have had problems with Pace 4111N and HP printers on other forums. Some just bought new printers which connected on setup.

Thought just buy new printer but worried would have same problem.

"Thanks!"

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Try changing your wireless encryption from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2 or WPA (not mixed mode). Also try changing the Wireless channel from "Auto" to 1 or 11. 

Source: Hp Support Forum

Edited by Sneakycyber, 22 April 2016 - 03:15 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 bluedragonlair

bluedragonlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Sneakycyber, "Sorry" that I have not responded back til now. Attempted your suggestion and followed link, too.

Still not able to get wireless connection to current printer to stay. It connected for a few minutes and turned self off.

Have reset the Modem and Printer couple times to default.

Detected all HP printer programs on laptop and cleaned registry. Then attempted to reconnect, still not work. Says it is wireless connected then Off again.

I think printer is going in trash.

So, can you or someone recommend a new All in one Printer that will be computable with Pace 4111N Modem?

I'd appreciate any advice and recommendation on a new printer.

"Thank you!"

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Does it need to be Wireless or Network compatible? I will have to do some checking most of the printers I use on my networks are Black and White Laser Printers. That being said I generally buy HP Laser printers. 

Edit: Does it need to be Color? You can get a HP LaserJet Pro M127fw (CZ183A) on Sale at newegg.com

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 May 2016 - 02:05 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#7 bluedragonlair

bluedragonlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

"Thank you!" for responding. I do apologize for lengthy interval in my last posting.

Yes, we will need color and the all-in-one ease but we got so use to the wireless part that causing me to abandon current HP model.

We have, as far back as I remember bought HP printers.

Do you feel if we just buy a more current HP model that will solve current problem?

Do we need to go with one that has Wi-Fi Direct to avoid this problem with Pace 4111N Modem?

Sorry, for questions. We are older folks and computers much less wireless printers are not in our realm of knowledge.

Just background to problem: The reason we have Pace 4111N modem is due to it being replacement of old 2-Wire that AT&T Tech said was cause of internet connection problem. The AT&T Tech said it was our old modem, 2-Wire that it was old and needed a newer model for their service to work. So, I bought it through AT&T for their DSL service. New modem seems to help stay connected to internet but discovered problem a few days afterwards with wireless printing.  

Again, "Thank you!" I appreciate your assistance/advice and your patience with me on this problem. 

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

I don't think you will have an issue with  a newer model HP, the Officejet Pro Series hold up well. I have also setup some brother printers on a few networks that I don't manage everyday. One word of caution in general lower cost printers tend to have more expensive Ink Cartridge's. I also try and stay with manufacture specific ink cartridges, the refilled cartridges are usually plagued with problems and don't last as long (It's been awhile since I bought ink refill's though). I understand the modem change, allot of houses in my area had the same problems when AT&T changed to the new Uverse system. 

Edited by Sneakycyber, 02 May 2016 - 06:21 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#9 bluedragonlair

bluedragonlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

"Thank you!" Happy to stay with HP printers. Before this they seemed to be easiest to use and most all have lasted us a long time.

It figures though, we had just bought the 4 replacement XL cartridges, black and tri-color. Neighbor took our last printer when up got the wireless one. Maybe she will be able to use this one, too.

Again, "Thank you!"

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:59 PM

Your Welcome!

Chad Mockensturm