Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot after power cut - not even in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kathpt

kathpt

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

Hello!

Recently the tower my dad's been using stopped, for all effects, turning on. I click button and the first screen pops up and then it asks wether i want to boot in:

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
restart manually
last known good configuration

No matter what option I choose, it doesn't go past the windows logo and restarts. This happened a few days ago when it was on (it's old and slow, like all old things, but it worked just fine for my dad :() and the power went out because a cord (not directly connected to the computer) stopped working in the living room.

Here's the screen that pops up when I press F8 (and then choose disable automatic restart on system failure)

2och1.jpg

Everyhing in the middle it's in portuguese but it says the exact same thing others do, let me know if a translation is needed.

Did the power cut fry something and now it needs to be replaced?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:24 PM

Unmountable Boot Volume errors in XP are common and can often be overcome by running the chkdsk /r command from the XP Recovery Console.

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME BSOD Fix for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 - https://neosmart.net/wiki/unmountable-boot-volume/

Fixing the dreaded “Unmountable Boot Volume” error a Tech-Recipes Tutorial - http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2605/fixing_the_dreaded_unmountable_boot_volume_error/

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 21 April 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#3 kathpt

kathpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Thank you!! Worked like a charm! :bananas:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for letting us know, glad it worked out for you.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users