Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

While gaming computer reboots to windows start screen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

While playing War Thunder the system shuts down and reboots to start screen.  Have checked for over heating, proper ventilation and cleanliness.  All is OK.  Removed RAM sticks, one at a time, to see if possibly one of them might be bad.  Same problem persists.  It happens with other games, at times, but War Thunder all the time.  Operating system was upgraded to Windows 10, which we did a clean reinstall.  I think I have found a similar problem Posted on April 5, 2016.  "Computer randomly restarts while playing games" and will attempt to run the tests suggested there, while I wait for one of you marvelous gurus to help me.  This is my 14 year old grandson's computer and he is devastated.  Thanks, in advance, for your help.

blem

§  Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Upgraded to Windows 10

§  Processor: 3.8GHz Quad-Core AMD FX-4300 replaced with AMD FX.  Upgraded to AMD FX 8350

§  Motherboard: AMD 760G

§  Socket: AM3+

§  Cache: 4MB L2

§  Memory: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

§  Hard drive: 1 x 1TB Serial ATA

§  Optical drive: 24x DVD+/-RW

§  Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT610 PCI Express x16 (1GB) replaced with NVIDIA GeForce GTX750Ti

§  Audio: High Definition 7.1 Channel Surround Audio

§  Networking: Ethernet

§  Ports: 6 x USB 2.0, 1 x VGA, 2 x PS/2, 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Parallel, 1 x COM

§  Expansion Slots (Total/Free): (1/0) pci express x16, (2/2) pci express x1, (1/1) pci, (2/0) dimm 240-pin

§  Storage Controller: Serial ATA (Serial ATA - 3.0 Gb/s)

§  Chassis: Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case

§  Power supply: 500 Watt - AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)

§  Included items: Gamer Ultra GUA250, Xtreme Gear USB Keyboard, Xtreme Gear USB Mouse

§  Model: Gamer Ultra GUA250

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for your quick response.  I have attached both files as instructed.

Attached Files

#4 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

I am running the CPUID and the TMPIN1 is running at 45° C.  AMD FX-8350 is 16

#5 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:55 PM

Have you forsaken me?

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

Suggestions of network issues in the ADMIN logfile - but no really firm indicators of it as a cause.

The lone memory dump seems to point to hardware/compatibility/or a low-level driver

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
**************************Mon Mar 28 19:04:22.616 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\032816-18109-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-1728
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:08.296
Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000ec6e4538, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe000ec6e4538, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

This is scary stuff.  Can you please give me instructions on how to use FurMark?

#8 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:44 AM

Running the stress test and opened CPIUD and the computer shut down.  I wish I would have waited for your response.  The link you sent they recommended running the CPIUD.

cpu won't restart.  Too hot?  Waiting a few minutes.

#9 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:52 AM

It's at 60 C.  Criminy what is boiling point

#10 jackiegreeno

jackiegreeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Holding at 64 C and screen went blank and is now rebooting.  Now what?  Is there a report somewhere?  Running the CPIUD, the CPU fan was operating at 25%.  The system 1 was at 100% and system 2 was at 56%

Edited by jackiegreeno, 23 April 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

If CPU is steady at 64ºC and screen goes blank, then you have to wonder if the GPU is overheating.
And, as you crashed it running Furmark, that's the most likely prbolem.

First check to see if the GPU fan is working.

Or, this is a bit dangerous, but it'll tell you what's overheating fairly quickly.

Open up the case and run the system until it crashes.

Then feel around inside the case (DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING - you can get 3rd degree burns from this!!!!)

Just feel near the components - if it's hot enough to shut down the system, then you'll feel the heat before you touch it.

Make sure you're grounded also (so static electricity doesn't break things).  Try holding onto the metal of the case with one hand.

49ºC = 120ºF - the temperature of the hottest water in the average house in the US.

64ºC = 147ºF - your CPU temp (it got almost this hot in Saudi Arabia when I was there - and we survived, but we weren't happy!)

100ºC=212ºF - the temperature of boiling water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users