Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 3521 Extremely loud fan noise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Diana7

Diana7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:59 AM

Hello everyone! I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 for about 2 years with minor problems. Last night though, the fan started making abnormally loud noises out of nowhere. So I restarted the laptop and the noise started again 10 minutes after booting. I repeated the process several times but the result was the same. I opened and cleaned the laptop thoroughly and updated the BIOS and all the drivers.Nothing changed, the fan sounds like an airplane taking off ,10 minutes after the startup and doesn't stop till i turn off the laptop.The speed of the fan(average: 3500 rpm max:6000 rpm)  and the temperature of the cpu(50-60 degrees C) remain the same . Note that dell replaced the fan 2 months ago so it is relatively new and that i updated to Windows 10 about a month ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

Well there are few option you could go.

Option one dismount the laptop clean from dust, replace the thermal paste and change the fan with the noise.

Option two dismount the laptop clean from dust, replace the thermal paste and dismount the fan with the noise place some machine oil in the fan spinner.

However I would recommend to take the computer to authorized Dell repair shop and leave it their hands :)

To perform that with laptop requires professional experience in computer hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users