Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Update Problems!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:57 PM

Wow, see all the Update issues at the Windows 7 Section here at bc.com.  Glad to be using Linux!!!  

Edited by hamluis, 21 April 2016 - 06:46 AM.
Moved from Linux to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:03 AM

Shhh, you'll jynx us. :P

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,427 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:35 AM

What exactly is the point of this topic other than chit chat? If you want to chit chat start a post in General Chat

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:03 AM

pcpunk, this belongs at best, in the Windows 7 section, only you also added Linux, so it's General Chat. You need to think carefully when posting a new Topic the rightful place for it. :)

I have no comment in regards to the Topic, being in the Linux Forum. 

Hopefully a Moderator will soon move it to it's rightful place. :)

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 22 April 2016 - 12:53 AM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

Maybe we should have a General Linux Chat then?  Many Linux members might never see this at the General Chat, I wouldn't.  We've had this issue before, multiple times, so maybe not such a bad idea?  Instead of starting a Thread with an "Open Title" so as not to be shut down for just this type of talk, me thinks this good.  Certainly wouldn't be good in the Windows 7 Forum?

Shhh, you'll jynx us. :P

Yes, I should know better :thumbup2:   This was the most productive comment yet! lol.  I been censored, yet don't feel censored lol, yes these are the jokes.

Edited by pcpunk, 21 April 2016 - 08:56 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

We probably have over 10,000 computers running Windows 7 over here, and not a single one encountered an issue with the recent Windows Updates.

But then again, we never had any issues with the Windows Updates, nor did I with all the computers I used in my life. Maybe because I'm actually taking care of my system properly, who knows.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,570 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

Ever consider that as a help forum thats why people post? And you see the problems posted. Why would someone post "Hey guys I'm posting and everything is going perfectly, just thought you might like to know!!"? Because wow there sure are a lot posts about problems on that forum.....

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Point taken.  

I also run Windows 7 - and love it! - and am pretty new to computers in general.  The process seems to be worse lately and I think I keep it up pretty well with all your help.  Especially after a re-install, I know you are familiar with this guys, and yes I know how to make the re-install Updates quicker, thanks!  I'll be more careful posting in the future.  Really, was just joking around before.  I just thought it was being a little restrictive, and still think it's not a bad idea to have a general chat in linux section.  That might solve some of the Off Topic stuff, but in general would provide a place for like minds to chat.  General Chat? that to me was not general chat, it was linux general chat lol.  Just wanted to share with my Linux Brothers and Sisters.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:15 AM

Point taken.  

Great to hear! :)

Maybe we should have a General Linux Chat then?  

We actually do, as well as all of our members who runs various OS's, there no need for a General Chat for each brand, the page is at the very front of the Forum, going down near the bottom. 

Some of which isn't about computing at all, just members wanting to unwind, or create a fun Topic. Nick's Fish Topic is there. 

By having one for every brand of OS, and there's at least four major ones, Android, Linux, Mac & Windows, and other huge Forums as well, such as the one dealing with Malware, which always remains busy, this would only make for more work for the entire Staff looking for spam posts in at least three more. Leaving us less time to perform our duties & assist members where possible. 

The Forum layout is fine the way it is & should remain as such. :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users