Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7/64 Bit driver for Dell Photo 926 Printer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

Spent a good amount of time on the Dell website looking for a driver for the above. Could not find any specific driver for windows 7/64 bit. I tested some others but no go.....some listed as possible by DELL were in Arabic? Here's the one's that DO NOT WORK for the above.

R260215

R146951

R260238

R135624

R153976

Any help appreciated.....thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darin A

Darin A

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

Accourding to the printers specs http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-photo-926-all-in-one-printer/specs/ it is only supported through windows vista.  Not sure if you will find windows 7 drivers for this specific model.  trying drivers for other similar models may work or a genericl Dell driver but no gauntees.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

According to the Dell support page for your printer, under supported OSs, R260215 supports Windows 7 64bit.

I am not sure why you cannot get it to work. What is the issue? After installing the drive the printer is not detected? Have you tried a different USB port. Is the printer detected after rebooting?

Lexmark made Dell printers and Dell re-badged them. The Lexmark equivalent is X3650. Here is the Lexmark 64bit driver. I can't say this will work. I think the problem may lie with the printer unless you have successfully installed it on anther Windows 7 64bit computer.

Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode? I was able to use Lexmark Vista 64bit drivers on a Windows 7 computer.

#4 Darin A

Darin A

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

According to the Dell support page for your printer, under supported OSs, R260215 supports Windows 7 64bit.

I am not sure why you cannot get it to work. What is the issue? After installing the drive the printer is not detected? Have you tried a different USB port. Is the printer detected after rebooting?

Lexmark made Dell printers and Dell re-badged them. The Lexmark equivalent is X3650. Here is the Lexmark 64bit driver. I can't say this will work. I think the problem may lie with the printer unless you have successfully installed it on anther Windows 7 64bit computer.

Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode? I was able to use Lexmark Vista 64bit drivers on a Windows 7 computer.

That webpage states This package contains Dell All-In-One Printer 926 drivers for Vista 64-bit.Once downloaded and executed the driver will install automatically and guide the user through the setup process.  It only refrences Windows 7 once which may be an error.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

I was looking at the supported OS's on the page. Dell may have it wrong.

Capture.jpg

#6 Darin A

Darin A

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:54 PM

I see that but I am questioning its accuracy given our know information.  My next step would be to confirm with Dell if there is a way to make this printer work with Windows 7.

For example this statement:

Dell All-In-One 926 printer supports Windows 7 Operating System; existing Vista driver is compatible with Windows 7.

If you intend to upgrade your existing PC Operating System to Windows Vista, please UNINSTALL your Dell Printer software prior to the Windows Vista upgrade. 

Seams to confuse the 2 OSs

Edited by Darin A, 20 April 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#7 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:49 AM

Thanks to all.....

Tried the 260215 from Dell....it is in Arabic, couldn't read the screen.

Also tested the Lexmark link...it was a no go....appeared to install but printer would not run, operate,etc.

Your right...the confusing message on the Dell website is a classic. I contacted DELL with this issue...and they pretty much washed their hands of the matter..."....let me check on this for you, and get back to you." So far no reply and I don't expect a reply.

See other alternatives?

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:18 AM

Was this a problem that started on the computer and you needed to reinstall the driver or was the driver being installed on a computer that never had the Dell printer attached? Was this a driver install to a clean install of the OS?

#9 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

Printer worked fine on a XP system. I moved it over to the WINDOWS 7 machine. It is a wireless type printer, etc. Didn't have a problem on the XP OS.....I ran this printer until the cartridges were low, then moved to the Windows 7....I didn't want to purchase new ink ( expensive Dell...even the compats are price y), so was testing it out.  I have a nice HP printer I am using on the XP machine. which I like a lot better than the DELL. My 2nd computer is Windows 7 OS...I did not have a printer on this machine, so wanted to move the DELL PRINTER over to that machine....

Edited by jake21, 21 April 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

Are you trying to connect wirelessly or direct with a USB cable? No Dell printer is listed under Devices and Printers, correct? Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

#11 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

Under device manager it says..." device is operating properly". I took a look at the device driver, and get the message...no driver is installed or needed for this." I am trying to connect wirelessly, I was able to run this printer wirelessly on the XP OS. No yellow exclamations in Device Manager.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

From reading this page it seems that the the printer must first be attached via USB in order to perform the wireless setup. Is the Printer detected when attached via USB?  I also read that the dell AIO requires a wireless printer adapter 3300 which requires a different setup.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/536202/en

You may have better luck asking the question on the Dell Forums.

#13 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for all the help and suggestions...I'll head on over to DELL and look around. Tip of the hat to all !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users