Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible malware? What is wrong?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 SupremeMystique

SupremeMystique

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hey, I got referred here by someone on reddit. I've gotten a $2000 pc build and afraid I've already messed it up. My computer has been acting weird recently. I noticed that at first the cortana taskbar was not working( I fixed this after I saw something on youtube). Even worse, my web protection for malware bytes has been disabled( I can't turn it back on, the "fix now" is disabled too). When I start my PC up, there is always a message that avast and windows defender have been turned off( I manually have to turn on avast). Also, when I go to Windows Firewall, I can't change the settings for whatever reason and get error 0x8007042c. I did a scan with hitman pro and found their was a malicious malware named CLS-precomp.dll. I couldn't remove it though since my hitman pro license was expired.Avast and Malware bytes did not find anything however. I checked virus total and only 2/56 say it is harmful. But I still feel like it has had an impact on my PC.Anyway, I used the farbar tool and this is the output. Please let me know how I can fix this 

I can't paste the farbar scan results because apparently it's too long. I attached them though

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Approximately 2 hours before you posted here you also posted the same thing in Malwarebytes forum. That post is HERE

You should only seek help at one forum.

We ask that you select one forum from those where you sought help and ask the others to close your topics.

Although we understand you wish your problems to be addressed as soon as possible, there are reasons why multi-posting causes problems.

By Multi Posting you are utilizing the time of two (or more) trained helpers. Helpers take a long time to train. They need a great deal of expertise and knowledge to be able to safely remove Malware from your computer and because of this are in short supply. We wish to use them to help the maximum number of people, and if they are researching the log of someone who is already being helped, then their time and effort is going to waste.

Understandably this causes a certain amount of bad feeling and frustration
  • From the helper who has needlessly spent time researching your log and compiling and posting instructions.
  • From others who have to wait longer for their problems to be addressed.
Advice from two separate helpers can cause problems.

A helper at one place has no idea what a helper somewhere else is doing. Different helpers may use different methods to combat your infection. While each one is safe to use, problems can arise if you follow the advice of both together. Some of the tools used are very powerful and have to be used in a specific way and in some cases do not combine well with others. By using advice from two different sources it is possible that tools may be used that do not combine well and you may severely damage your computer, even rendering it inoperable in some circumstances. By following BOTH sets of instructions, the clean up process could be delayed.

Please let us know WHERE you want to continue to receive help from. If elsewhere this topic will be closed.

If you choose to continue here, please let those in the Malwarebytes know so your topic there can be closed.

#3 SupremeMystique

SupremeMystique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

Approximately 2 hours before you posted here you also posted the same thing in Malwarebytes forum. That post is HERE

You should only seek help at one forum.

We ask that you select one forum from those where you sought help and ask the others to close your topics.

Although we understand you wish your problems to be addressed as soon as possible, there are reasons why multi-posting causes problems.

By Multi Posting you are utilizing the time of two (or more) trained helpers. Helpers take a long time to train. They need a great deal of expertise and knowledge to be able to safely remove Malware from your computer and because of this are in short supply. We wish to use them to help the maximum number of people, and if they are researching the log of someone who is already being helped, then their time and effort is going to waste.

Understandably this causes a certain amount of bad feeling and frustration

• From the helper who has needlessly spent time researching your log and compiling and posting instructions.
  • From others who have to wait longer for their problems to be addressed.
Advice from two separate helpers can cause problems.

A helper at one place has no idea what a helper somewhere else is doing. Different helpers may use different methods to combat your infection. While each one is safe to use, problems can arise if you follow the advice of both together. Some of the tools used are very powerful and have to be used in a specific way and in some cases do not combine well with others. By using advice from two different sources it is possible that tools may be used that do not combine well and you may severely damage your computer, even rendering it inoperable in some circumstances. By following BOTH sets of instructions, the clean up process could be delayed.

Please let us know WHERE you want to continue to receive help from. If elsewhere this topic will be closed.

If you choose to continue here, please let those in the Malwarebytes know so your topic there can be closed.

I am really sorry.I will go elsewhere.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Topic closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users