Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wtf Is Going On?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheGeatSvenster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

Lately, my computer has been popping up with this "low disk space" little balloon, and I went to investigate. I checked the properties of my C drive, and it said the whole thing was full. I went to see what the hell is taking so much space, since I barely have anything on it, just some a few videos and some pictures, and a word document here or there.

I clicked the properties of the "Sean" folder, and it said it was 8 gig. My hard drive is 12 gig, so that's a lot for me. I looked at all the folders inside Sean, and they were fine. I selected all of them, and clicked properties, and it was only 1 gig. But the Sean folder still says 8 gig. I deleted a few videos, and it was fine, but then I saw the "low disk space" balloon again, and it was still full.

WTF is going on? I scanned, and I have no viruses. Can someone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

Some large files may, for some reason, be "hidden." Go to the folder in question, and then choose Tools/Folder Options/View and check "show hidden files and folders, and "unhide" system files (you may wish to go back and rehide these files). See if doing this helps explain the folder size.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 TheGeatSvenster

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

Thank you.

I found out the problem. I have Bittorrent, and I tell it to save to the external drive, which is 80 gig, but the incomplete files that are currently downloading are saved to the C drive, but when they are finished, they go to the D drive.

Now to find a way to fix that problem without losing my downloads...>_>

Edited by TheGeatSvenster, 05 August 2006 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users