Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Copy URLs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GingersDad

GingersDad

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

I have lost the ability to copy URLs in the address bars of every browser I have tried.  When I try to highlight a URL nothing happens even though I can highlight text in documents, email, etc. with no problem.  I assume that some setting should be reset, but don't have any idea how to do it.  I'm an old guy who grew up long before the computer age, so please cut me a little slack if this seems like a stupid post. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

G'day Ginger'sDad, and  Welcome to BC

In BC, age is a plus....and there no such animal as a stupid question.

I am inclined to think that your problem is specific to the browser/s.....so on that point, which browsers have you tried with ??

Edited to Add :... Go to....Task Manager(right click on start button, )..>Processes> Right Click "Windows Explorer"> Restart.

Tell me if that helps

Edited by Condobloke, 19 April 2016 - 09:36 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#3 GingersDad

GingersDad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:10 PM

I'm not sure if that helped or not.  I still can't highlight URLs, but if I right-click on them I can sometimes (but not always) copy them.  I say "sometimes" because other times the copy option is grayed out.  I've tried Chrome, Citrio, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer but in none of them can I highlight URLs.  Frustrating!

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:20 PM

Do you have a Restore point you can go back to ?

system retore is disabled by default in Win 10....so your may not be enabled.

give it a try.....  HERE   

Or....There is a process called RESET    this re installs the operating system ....it keeps your pics and files etc....but if you have installed any 3rd party software (pdf reader, games,  ....anything not included by microsoft), you will prob need to reinstall those

""Reset your PC. Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started and choose an option.""

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users