Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected to internet but not connected to internet v2.0(more messed up)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrismsenpai

chrismsenpai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Ok so I'll take you guys to the beginning so bare with me. I torrented a game off piratebay and my stupid me just clicked yes and the torrent came with a BUNCH of viruses/malware. After using malwarebytes to clear them all, I had regular internet for a while. Then the next day, a yellow exclamation mark appeared on my wifi bar(connected wirelessly btw). I tried restarting my router, troubleshooting, etc, and none of them worked to get my internet back. I am currently discussing it with my IT teacher but so far he hasn't responded yet so I figured I'd ask more than one person for help so I turned to this website. Moving on with my story, I tried many website advices that similar people had problems with but none of them really solved it. Then I tried system restore. I restored my pc before the day I installed the torrent. I felt so happy that the yellow exclamation mark wasn't there anymore. So to celebrate I decided to open up skype, chrome and some League of legends. That's where things got worse. Chrome didn't detect my internet and so did skype and league of legends but my firefox and steam and battle.net connected fine. I'm even playing hearthstone as we speak! I also got a nasty pop up that says: "Attention: Your browser may be infected with malware". Apparently it's not much of a threat but it can be annoying since I can't move it or remove it with task manager or even by right clicking on it. I tried using Avast Browser Clean up to remove it (advice from a website) but Avast detected no internet. So for now I am stuck with this annoying pop up. OK moving on, I am currently another scan on malwarebytes but so far no threats detected. I don't know if its my wireless wire that connects my router to my pc or it's just hardware problems. Please halp :(

Edit: Moved topic from Networking to the more appropriate forum, as suggested by staff. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

I am going to have this moved to the Am I Infected forum. Once your clear of any infections and you still need help please post another topic here. 

Edited by Sneakycyber, 23 April 2016 - 02:42 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users