Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System being pushed too hard with new game?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barginski

Barginski

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hello,

I have recently installed a new game on my PC. It seems to run with decent performance, however I'm still playing with the sliders to see where they would be best left at. With all performance sliders on Normal or High, I'm noticing that after a few minutes of gameplay, my system's CPU fan ramps up speed and hums louder than I've ever heard it do before. The case gets noticeably hot to the touch. Not burning hot, just quite warm. I also noticed a small rattling or vibrating noise. 

When checking performace stats in the task manager, the CPU usage was bouncing back and forth from around 55-75%, and the physical memory being used was around 5 of 8 GB. Just defragged today before I started playing.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Radeon R9 270x gpu

AMD FX-8320 cpu

Asus M5A99x EVO r2.0 mobo

8 GB RAM

I have not noticed any of these signs in the 2 years that I've owned this system. Do these indicate that the system is being pushed too hard? I'm not quite sure what is considered "normal" when running a taxing game.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Can you try running fanspeed or hwinfo to gather temperature data?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

Wifey and I had "hot" problems with our desktop and our laptops.  We use usb-powered external cooling assemblies for the laptops, and we placed a couple of table fans in our den to circulate the air for the desktop.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

The other thing you can do is clean out the case with electronic-safe canned air
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:21 PM

The other thing you can do is clean out the case with electronic-safe canned air

...along with the external fans  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users