Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FPS lag during gaming no matter WHAT I try....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tw2iphone

tw2iphone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hi all, 

So as the title states: No matter what I do, I'm ALWAYS getting random FPS drops in games.

On CSGO on even the LOWEST settings my fps will drastically drop randomly and out of nowhere. 

When playing Warframe, not so much. 
When playing BF4, same thing.

Specs: 

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

Windows 10

Processor: Intel i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz  2.60 GHZ   - 4 cores

16.0GB of RAM

AMD Radeon R7 M260 Graphics card 

I have switchable graphics from the Intel graphics card and the AMD one, but I've already updated my drivers and configured my AMD card to kick up to High Performance on all my games.

Any and ALL help is appreciated - bleep is really quite annoying....I've tried completely wiping and reinstalling Windows and everything like 3 times now and still face the same issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

I've tried completely wiping and reinstalling Windows and everything like 3 times now

This should always be a last resort option because (1) it rarely works and (2) if it does work, you don't learn what the problem is to prevent recurrence.

My first thought (especially with notebooks) is heat. I use and recommend CoreTemp to monitor my CPU temps. I also like Speccy (from the makers of CCleaner) which provides much more "System Information" and now has a system tray applet too. HWiNFO64 is also very (if not too) informative. You might also make sure the interior and vents are clean of heat trapping dust.

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gifWindows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
───────────────────────

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users