Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 freezes after startup (Asus G73JH) event viewer file included

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SEF_REDO

SEF_REDO

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 on my Asus G73JH notebook and am experiencing freezing issues after startup, requiring me to restart several times while unplugging my wired mouse. After I finally get it to start successfully I get about one day without problems, and the next time i try to start up my computer it happens again. I have attached the even viewer file to this post, hopefully someone understands why my computer is being so testy and can help me suss this out.

Thank you for your time!

Attached File  Admin.zip   21.02KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-i

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 SEF_REDO

SEF_REDO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

k bsod inspector running

Edited by SEF_REDO, 20 April 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#4 SEF_REDO

SEF_REDO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

Attached File  DESKTOP_TGM1ABA_4_20_2016_9_58_02_AM.zip   421.43KB   2 downloads

Here's the zip file

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version G73Jh.209) dates from 2010.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Only 2 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device is disabled in Device Manager:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)    PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1063&SUBSYS_18201043&REV_C0\FF8B9751485B39FF00    This device is disabled.

Please re-enable it, then update it's drivers to the latest, W10 compatible version.  After updating it, feel free to disable it again.

These are the only significant problems that I see with the system.
If this doesn't fix things, then you'll have to consider that:

- the system may not be compatible w/W10 (the test is to reinstall the original OS and see if the problems go away)

- there may be a hardware problem. (both of my kids had G73 type systems (can't recall the exact model tho') and they had hardware problems with the video cards)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 SEF_REDO

SEF_REDO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

thank you, i will post my results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users