Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ONLY ONE BOOT OPTION

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darex23

darex23

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

Hello everyone. Im new here. 

I need help.

Please help me. i am experiencing trouble with my laptop.
i got acer one 10. windows 8.

i got a message saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart ... ... ..."
i searched online and tried different solutions.
trying to get in to safe mode, but it seem like safe mode was disabled in my laptop. and can only be enable when you get in. but i cant even bypass the error message.

my second option was to fix it using win 8 installer. tried entering bios, my bios is aptio setup utility - copyright © 2014 american megatrends inc
there is only one boot option which is the "[windows boot manager]", 
they said disable secure boot and enable CSM function. but after disabling secure boot, nothing happens. 
no other options added.

can you guys please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

I would suggest starting with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

You my have to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM in order to run the hard drive diagnostics (which is what I suspect your problem is).

Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 darex23

darex23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

hi. now i am able to detect my USB bootable. 

changed it to first boot priority,

buuuut, i still couldnt load the bootable usb, the same blue screen error occurs -_-

#4 darex23

darex23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:02 AM

after entering bios setup, changing boot priorities to 1st boot option = USB, and 2nd boot option = windows boot manager,

save changes, and exit.

after the restart, it still went to blue screen after the acer logo.

nothings changed. 

is this a hardware defect? 

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

Yes, it most likely is.

If you're unable to boot from the diagnostics, then I'd have to suggest you post over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert advice:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users