Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need help with infection fix.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nyarlathotep75

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

So last week I got a nasty little bug on my PC... this is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the following programs...

Emisoft Anti-Malware

Microsoft Security Essentials

ESET Online Scanner

I do not get virus issues very often... so these programs have been sufficient.

Anyways, I got an infection last week, and I've used/run each of those programs repeatedly; both in Windows Safe Mode and normal made; constant repeated scans until neither of them returned any results.   Scan once, clean found infections, scan again find some more and clean again, etc... and just kept going until they each found nothing left....

That was as of this past Saturday...

Since then however my PC has been behaving oddly.   Specifically, all my Internet Browser windows are flickering... some programs that I use that are connected to the internet are also flickering.  Its as though something in the background is trying to interfere with the program that I am running but failing.

On the Task Bar at the bottom, when the application flickers; its icon on the task bar jumps to the side as though another application is trying to open next to it and fails.... this includes some games that I play Online; their screen 'flickers' and their icons on the task bar jumps to the side with each flicker... the flickering is constant and sometimes does it 2 - 3 times per second and other times the interval seems just a little longer.

Other then this flickering, the PC seems to be running normally.

So, whether or not I cleaned all the virus off, I have a feeling it has done some sort of damage somewhere that needs to be fixed, but I'm not sure what or how. 

Can someone assist with this?

Edited by Nyarlathotep75, 18 April 2016 - 10:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nyarlathotep75

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

3 Days, no reply... posted here:

I; HAD a virus issue last week.. I "think" I got it all cleaned...

But my PC is still behaving oddly... all "online" programs "flicker" erratically. ie: Internet Browsers and Games that are connected Online... all "flicker" oddly.

#3 boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,443 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

Sorry for the delay. Appears the best thing now is to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users