Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Install Linux Mint 17.3...Questions, queries and mini dramas....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

I gave peppermint 6 the flick...too many dramas.

I have 2 HD's installed...C & D

C contained the Windows 10 OS

D is used for storage of movies etc, which are usually downloaded via a torrent, and directed to the D drive for later acess

The torrents arrive in my Email inbox (thunderbird) via a rss feed. I then click on a magnetic link and qbittorent then opens and downloads them...the resulting download is stored in the D drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now added Linux Mint 17.3 to the C drive on a partition of 133 GB

It is fully updated as of this morning

If I open a 'torrent site' and click on a magnetic link there....it immediately opens qbittorrent and starts the download

If I open my email (Thunderbird) and click on a magnetic link there....nothing happens.

I have set the 'association' in Firefox...for qbittorrent to open bitTorrent seed files and magnetic links.

(In windows 10 I had no problem....it simply worked)

Is there  fix ?....have i missed something ?..

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

If I open my email (Thunderbird) and click on a magnetic link there....nothing happens.

I don't get what you mean here.  How are you getting the magnetic link in Thunderbird?

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

It comes to me on an email from a torrent site....I have a rss feed in place to ensure I get constant updates on my subject of choice

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:39 AM

This is what the email page looks like

http://kickassto.co/brad-meltzers-decoded-s02e04-patton-720p-hdtv-x264-dhd-t12452478.html

Edited by Condobloke, 19 April 2016 - 01:40 AM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

That particular content is covered under copyright and against Bleeping Computer rules of discussion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users