Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc speakers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

I have a pair of older harman KARDON HK-195 computer speakers that i want to use but i lost the power supply. It states on the back of the speaker to where u plug it in as AC 15V 1.1 and i was wondering what type of power supply i could use with it to make it work. Anyone know what is compatible?

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

You need to look for the symbols for AC or DC, the voltage rating and the current rating.  Normally the input doesn't matter but the output does.

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

would this work?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/15V-AC-DC-Adapter-Charger-For-iHome-iH8-iPod-station-Switching-Power-Supply-Cord-/270930393712?hash=item3f14b5ba70:g:z7oAAOSwa-dWieor

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:26 AM

Try searching ebay for "Harman Kardon H-195 computer speakers power supply" and check if you see anything that looks like the power supply that you lost.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

would this work?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/15V-AC-DC-Adapter-Charger-For-iHome-iH8-iPod-station-Switching-Power-Supply-Cord-/270930393712?hash=item3f14b5ba70:g:z7oAAOSwa-dWieor

No, that is a switched mode PSU with 15V DC output, but no current rating stated.

As AI1000 comments, a Google search will bring up power supplies of the type you need, e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Adapter-Supply-1100mA/dp/B00F9W9QX6

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

As Platypus said you will be better looking for the correct power supply since not only will it have the correct voltage and amperage rating it will also have the correct sized plug to go into your speakers. If the plug is not the correct size it will either not fit or give a bad or no contact.

The output rating for this supply is 15V at 1.1A .  Any power supply with a 15V DC and 1.1 to 1.5A output rating will work but you may well need to change the plug on the end of the lead. If you do this you need to be careful about the polarity of the plug - normally the inner core is +V and the outer 0V - and also about your insulation of the wires. You do NOT want a short circuit !  I would only suggest doing this if you are confident of your soldering skills.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users