Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Area Connection won't stay reset

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

Three days ago, I couldn't get online, so I used the Windows Troubleshooter. It fixed the problem, but the next time I went online, it happened again. Fixed it again, but it seems to get 'broke every time I go offline.

The troubleshooter said, the Local Area Connection needs to be reset, and that it doesn't have a valid IP connection.

Yesterday, I decided to reset the modem itself. Unplugged everything and pushed the little button to reset, then I rebooted after it did that and the lights on the modem came on properly.

It should have rid me of the problem, but it didn't.

I can go on doing this every day, but would rather not.

So how can I get this puppy to STAY reset?

Is this problem likely that I need a new modem, or is it malware?

Thanks, Holly B.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Open the Control Panel and click on Network and Internet.

Select Network and Sharing Centre.

Select Manage network connections from the left column.

Click on Local Area Connection tho hightlight, then click on Diagnose this connection.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 faster

faster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

All that happened when I did this was the same thing I have been doing: Using the Windows Network Troubleshooter

And it DOES work. It DOES fix the connection.

Next time I go online, the problem is there again. So something is undoing what I fixed.

I'm online now, no problem, because I just fixed it. Tomorrow when i go online I'll have to fix it again.

I think everyone has better things to do than to keep fixing the same problem every day.

Can you help me fix it so it stays fixed?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:12 PM

Please download and install Farbar Service Scanner.

When FSS opens you will see an image like the one below.  

FSS1_zpsed396cd9.png

Place checks in all of the boxes and then click on Scan

When the Scan is complete a log similar to the one below will open.  Copy and then paste this in your topic.

FSS2_zps8ffbee2d.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users