Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Running So Slow ( NEW SYSTEM ) HELP!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LMyers_

LMyers_

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

I Bought a new computer with all my own specs i bought

amd fx black edition 3.5 ghz 14.0 MB total cache

geforce GTX 750 TI

GIGABYTE 970A DS3P mother board

and 8 gb ram

and 1 tb memory

the system runs but theres now way the computer should run the way it dose i had trouble downloading the game i play and unable to load it as its not very responsive

i then tryed downloading itunes and it kept coming up that the download failed and just kept trying and eventually it downloaded but unable to open it  as it kept coming up missing content or something like that

ive tryed deleting the game and itunes and re installing them but  nothings changed

I bought al the parts from a computer fair thats well known and quite reliable and they built it for me there and then,

if anyone can help me sort this out would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LMyers_

LMyers_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

can no one help?

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

Hi LMyers,

You have to be a little patient when posting on Forums. 20 Minutes is not a long time at all, usually give your post 24 hours and if no one posts try "bumping" it up then.

On to your problem...

If someone installed everything for you, and I am assuming they installed Windows as well, I would re-install Windows.

Also is just downloading the game and iTunes slow? Or is Windows running slow as a whole?

Check out task manager and look at the Performance tab. See how much memory/cpu you are using at any given time. Something could be chewing through it, good place to start.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#4 LMyers_

LMyers_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

yeah sorry haha,

its slow on boot up and downloading both, ive finally got itunes to open but its slow when opening,

and yes they did install windows, how can i re - install it without the disc he didnt give me it?

everything on the system is slow and im not sure whats going on?

my laptop has much lower specs and is ALOT older and runs faster than this system surley this isnt right?

and the cpu keeps coming up that its being used alot when running programs ?

#5 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

Yeah something doesn't seem right...

I am currently at work, and can't post a lot. One thing you could try is running a memtest. Use memtest86+. That link will start downloading the pre-compiled bootable ISO for you. Burn it to a cd and boot and run it. See if you get any errors.

I'm kind of thinking that since you got your parts at some fair thing they could have given you bad ones. Anyway to go back to them and let them test it?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

#7 LMyers_

LMyers_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

i cant download anything i can barley click on the start button?

everytime i try and click on everything it freezes up.

#8 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

If that is the case, I would take it back to where you got it from. Something is definitely not right. It will be hard to diagnose any issues without being able to run the tools hamluis put.

What I would do before taking it back, is make sure everything is seated properly (if you are comfortable inside a computer). Check the RAM, CPU, all the power cables, GPU, etc. I wouldn't pull the CPU off the socket (then you would have to reapply thermal paste) just make sure it looks like it is seated right. You could pull the RAM and put it back in though just to make sure it is good. If it still doesn't work after that I go back to my other statement of taking it back to where you got it from.

#9 LMyers_

LMyers_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:24 PM

the man from the computer fare were i bought all the parts from installed windows and didnt give me a copy of it,

is there a way i can re  install windows without the disc i cant take it back until sunday witch is the only day its open witch is crap as ive been looking forward to finally getting a gaming pc :(

im absolutley gutted

#10 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

No you need a Windows disk to re-install, and you need the license key. It honestly sounds slightly fishy as well. They may have installed a non legit version of Windows if they didn't give you the installation media.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

Related post, same system:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611414/graphics-card-wont-reconignise-lcd-monitor/#entry3981519 .

Louis

#12 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,161 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

Yeah by all accounts that computer should sing like a bird but methinks it could have been built by someone of ill repute, hack versio of windows and all.

But to double check you could try linux on the side or something to see if its the OS or the hardware.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#13 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

Since you do not have a system disk, at this point that should be a priority. Evidently you do not have the disks for all your system components either, such as the motherboard chipset drivers, sound, video, etc. My suggestion, before you do anything further, is to make a backup image of your partition. In case of crash or problems, you just restore it onto the hard drive and you are back up and running. If there is a crash and you lose everything it will create big problems for you. I suggest using Macrium Reflect free edition to create the backup, and use an external drive for the backup media.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#14 LMyers_

LMyers_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

ok so the system is running now but everytime i run a program the cpu is constantly using 100%, i have a backup of windows i got from a friend but for somereason i cant figure out how to make it run ive made it first boot option and when it restarts it just comes up with run in safe mode, run normally and im not sure why this is happening? could it be hardware problems? or problems with windows?

also if anyone knows about wirless adapters i need abit of help

i bought a wireless adapter and when the computer starts up if i watch the connection from the adapter it starts at about 50 and then after a minute or 2 it drops all the way down to 5 and if anyone has tried to play games on this sort of connection its just unplayable.

i checked what chennel its on and it says 1 but everyone else around me are on chennel 11 and two others are on 6.

i can download windows from the disc on my computer but then i wont be able to reformat the drive to start all fresh and see if thats the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users