Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Always BSODs after Restart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suburbGira

suburbGira

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

I'm running an EI SYSTEM 5028 Pentium 4 with 279ish MB ram and a '75kkk4GB' hard disk. I accidentally hit the power button so it restarted. When I booted it up, it went into a reboot loop. I set it to display BSODs instead of rebooting and got the error: 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA STOP:0x00000050 (0xB77F6771,0x00000000,0xB77F6771,0x00000000)'. Can anyone help me fix it because it's my mum's computer and it has LOTS of things on it including Adobe Photoshop. For some reason it has no Comic Sans font which most versions of Windows XP do. It's Windows XP SP3. It was last used in 2012.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 suburbGira

suburbGira
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

UPDATE: By bashing the PC, it displays a different error.

0x00000050(0x97D7A82C,0x00000000,0x97D7A82C,0x00000000)

It's still a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

From what I understand, a NONPAGED AREA error is bad RAM. Maybe the RAM got shifted when I bashed it, causing it to give a different error. When I turn it on, I kick the power button, because it doesn't feel like it does anything when I press it with my hand.

Edited by suburbGira, 18 April 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#3 suburbGira

suburbGira
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Edited by suburbGira, 19 April 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#4 suburbGira

suburbGira
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:31 AM

ANOTHER UPDATE: Now it's showing a DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something. I think the hard disk is dying. The best thing for me to do is probably to boot from a CD and copy everything to a USB stick.

Edited by suburbGira, 19 April 2016 - 05:32 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Whoa there!  Let's slow down a bit.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I don't seem to be getting notifications of new topics.

The errors that you're describing are most frequently software (driver) errors.
They can be hardware, but we'll have to look at reports to figure that out.

So, Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

We'll need these reports for starters:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. 

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

The memory dumps are located in C:\Windows\Minidump - so if you can access the hard drive, you can copy them off of it.
The other 2 things require that you be able to get into Windows.

Once that's done, if you're able to get into Windows, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Edited by usasma, 21 April 2016 - 04:13 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users