Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashing while playing games

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Korozer

Korozer

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:54 AM

Hello there, let me try and explain the process of this crash as best as I can. As I play (this happens with different games and it does NOT happen with other certain games) the screen flickers (kind of) for a second the image stops, the audio starts buzzing like a bee and eventually the games produce the message "Gamename.exe has stopped working". That's not all though. Whenever one of these crashes occurs if I try to open any program, let's say Google Chrome, it would instantaneously close itself after I double click it. Nothing works, and I'm forced to restart my computer in order to be able to use the computer again. This happens in all kinds of spans of time too, it can happen in 5 minutes in the game or 2 hours. Here's my thread in Windows BSOD and Freezes section where you can get a clue of what I have tried doing so far, without any success.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603428/computer-crashes-when-playing-games/

By now I'm suspecting that it's either the Motherboard or a faulty PCI slot.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has the time to help.

Oh, and the specs:

HDD: 500GB Toshiba SATA 3 HDD

RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX RAM sticks

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti

CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 460 / Athlon II x4 B60 if I unlock the core (which is not the problem)

PSU: I have 2x PSU's = Main is 350 W powering everything but the GPU and Hard Drive and other one is either 350W or 400W (not sure) powering the GPU and Hard Drive only (Also not the problem, crashes occured even when I had just one PSU before I upgraded and had to put the second one in)

Motherboard: ASROCK N68C-S UCC

Edited by Korozer, 18 April 2016 - 05:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

If you're receiving help for a system in one thread, you should NOT open another. The reason for this is that different people use different methods, and these methods can interfere with each other.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

The topic in the other section has been locked and I am no longer being getting support on there and the expert that was helping me redirected me to this section, hence why I am posting here.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

OK. I see now. Did you follow the last instructions @usasma gave you?

#5 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

I followed everything he posted, to no avail unfortunately.

#6 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

Since the board has an integrated GPU, you can easily determine if the graphics card is the problem by unistalling drivers, removing the graphics card, and installing the drivers for the integrated GPU. Try that first.

#7 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

Maybe you didn't read through the whole thread in the BSOD section, but it used to happen with my older graphics card too so I'm pretty sure it's not the problem but I will try this sometime soon, just for good measure. Will update when I do.

#8 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

It's possible that there is an issue with the PCI-e slot that the graphics card connects to. I just want to rule that out. I think I remember seeing that you already ran memtest with a pass?

Edited by ScathEnfys, 23 April 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

The topic in the other section has been locked and I am no longer being getting support on there and the expert that was helping me redirected me to this section, hence why I am posting here.

Queen-Evie was the Global Moderator who closed your topic.  But if you paid attention to what else she posted you would be aware that you can request to have that topic reopened.

If in the future you need to continue in this topic, please use the report function and request that it be re-opened.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:08 AM

@ScathEnfys is it possible the connection between my VGA/DVI adapter wasn't very good and was causing this? When I was changing to the integrated and back and forth it looked like it wasn't pushed in to the fullest so I did push it but I'm not sure if that would cause a problem like that right? I mean if it was loose it would simply lose connection to the monitor, correct? I will test it out now though and give further info if it crashes again. I tested the PC with the integrated graphics and I had no problems with the game I was testing (which had been crashing) even though it was running very badly because of the integrated being so outdated (with Skype and OBS on) for about 3 hours. (The integrated runs solely on a VGA port so I was not using the DVI adapter). And yes, I did run memtest but not for too long, no errors there, given that the test was not full though, even though I'm pretty positive that test is endless until interrupted.

Edited by Korozer, 24 April 2016 - 03:09 AM.

#11 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

I don't think a lose adapter would cause crashes, but it certainly would not help things. Yes, memtest runs indefinitely, although I would recommend at least an overnight run. Since the integrated worked, that appears to narrow the problem down to a faulty GPU or faulty PCI-e slot. Do you have another graphics card you can try in the slot? Don't forget to change the drivers to it's drivers if so.

#12 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

Seems like the crashing is gone, but even worse now, doesn't matter what I'm doing, the PC would just stop whatever it's doing, freeze on whatever's on the screen, make a looping buzz noise and freeze. Trying to open anything doesn't work, because it's like the pc has stopped working itself. Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't work, mouse cursor doesn't work, the only thing I can do is shut the computer on and off until it happens again. Any idea what that could be?
EDIT: I did a clean install of Windows 10 again and the freezing is gone, but the crashes are back. The game crash error log says XAudio2_7.dll caused the access violation. I have tried moving this specific file out of the windows folders for a test, but it still crashed then, if you have any idea please let me know.

Edited by Korozer, 25 April 2016 - 09:10 AM.

#13 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:01 AM

I tried both of my GPU's in the PCI slot, they both crash, now I'm going to try a full day of my integrated only. If it works with the integrated, a new motherboard is in order, right? :/

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

What you posted for the Speccy lacks a great deal of information.  If the Speccy had been done properly it would have produced a link which would be pasted in you topic.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#15 Korozer

Korozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

What I posted for the Speccy? Nobody asked for a Speccy? Ever. 
Here's your snapshot. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jDhqDKfYlfVwc5BKwzQMIVR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users