Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!!! XBMC Fatal Error - Can't load sqlite3.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zerocoolfool

zerocoolfool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

Got a problem that's got me tearing my hair out....Driving me crazy. I use a audio/video streaming program called XBMC/Kodi, and have been using it successfully for years on this pc. I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 quite a while ago, and had no issues with the program upon upgrading. More recently, I noticed the computer was running a bit slow, so I decided to do a re-install of Windows 10 (not a fresh re-install, but a re-install of the OS with the option to keep all my files). No problems throughout the reinstall, everything seems to work just fine. Except when I go to install XBMC/Kodi and try running it. It installs just fine, but when I try running it, I get the error message, "XBMC Fatal Error - Uh oh, can't load sqlite3.dll", and that's it. I've tried many things. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with several different versions too, no affect. I thought it might be driver related, so I individually went through everything in the device manager, tried updating every driver, nothing. Won't let me roll back because it's a fresh reinstall. I went online and found several different "sqlite3.dll" files, tried replacing them with the original file, no luck. (I know it's not always the greatest idea to download dll files and try replacing them, but it's worked for me a few times in the past) And I did make sure to put the original back in the right place. I tried running in compatability mode with everything, tried running as administrator, nothing.Only thing I haven't done is reinstall Windows again, and I'm really trying to avoid doing that. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

try using www.geekuninstaller.com uninstaller to uninstall it reboot PC then install again, it should fully uninstall it as well as anysettings and reg keys that may cause the issue to persist.

I find the M$ uninstaller doesn't do a good enough job most of the time so I tend to stick with revo or geekuninstaller

#3 Fugaz

Fugaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:12 AM

You must use the "sqlite3.dll" that came with the installer and place it in the same folder as the executable that links to it. Just in case, copy "sqlite3.dll" to "c:\windows" too.

#4 Xproject187

Xproject187

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

So did anyone ever post back with an outcome to this scenario, or a link to the correct SQL3.dll ? Because after downloading the 32bit installer of KODI for Windows-7(32bit) I'm facing thee exact same issue & Revo didn't help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users