Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with a VB code

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 looney2340

looney2340

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't used VB in a very long time and i am a beginner in all sense of the word Haha....and i am working on a personal project and can use some help.

I have a form that when loaded populates a combo box with a list of names from a text file. On this form i have an add button and a remove button to either add or remove a selected name on the list. The problem i am having is this:

I can add a name to the list via the add button but when put into the txt file it has "" around the name and is at the bottom of the list. How do i remove the "" around the name and have it automatically sort it in ABC order and have it save automatically in the txt file.

Second is i want to do the opposite when a name is selected i want to hit the remove button and have it removed from the txt file and reorder in the correct order and save it automatically in the txt file.

I am using VB6 on a windows vista laptop. VB6 is the only copy of VB i have and am used to using.

I can post code that i have if needed.

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users