Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Update Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gabe7

Gabe7

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

When I Startup My Computer This Message Appears On The Screen

Could Not Load The Target dll ("C:Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\6.3.2.116-9972322\Program\BackWeb.dll",error code 5)

Could Someone Tell Me Why This Is Happening And How To Fix It

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

If you have an HP printer, that is the software that checks for updates to it.

Disable anything related to HP in your start menu.
I recommend Startup inspector to manage the startup menu:
Startup Inspector (manages startup menu helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)

And

Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

Then, uninstall anything related to the HP printer in add/remove programs. Reboot and the problem should be gone.

You can then reinstall the software that came with the printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users