Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stumped - Lost Internet Connectivity Every 2 Days, PC Freezes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vgolle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

Hi all, new to the forum so upfront let me say I appreciate any help solving problem. I'm not sure if it's a OS issue, network issue or what. I've been trying to solve for three weeks now and everything I try fails to solve it. Every 2 to 2 1/2 days like clockwork, my PC's network wifi adapter loses connectivity to router. This coincided with upgrading to Verizon Quantum BUT because the way the PC reacts after losing wifi connection, I am deducing that it's something with my PC. If for instance, I lose connectivity at 11 am and try to restart my PC many hours later, I've found the PC locked up. No mouse at times, unable to open up the wireless adapter software (D-Link Wireless AC1000), unable to click on icons and unable to restart normally. I have to push and hold start button. I've even removed the network adapter from USB port (and I've used several to see if that was the issue) and no joy. It's just mind-boggling that it's consistently every couple days.

I have run virus/malware scans using SuperAntiSpyware Professional, CCCleaner, ADWCleaner and even tdsskiller. All clean. I have looked at Event Viewer but frankly am unable to put 2 and 2 together. I'm almost positive all of my drivers are up to date as is Windows 7 updates. My educated guess is that there is some service that is in conflict with something else, but I really have no idea and have looked through tons of forum string to no avail. So I'm begging for someone to help guide me through some troubleshooting to resolve this. For what it's worth, I upload weather data to wunderground.com and if I'm at work and not in front of this PC, I know when the connection is lost because it stops reporting. One other thing, I've noticed that when I restart my PC normally, it takes a good 2 to 3 minutes to shut down and restart.

Here are the PC details:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel quad core i5-760 2.8Ghz

Radeon HD 5700

Corsair SSD 128 GB

D-Link Wireless AC1000 (good signal strength using 5G WPA-2)

I can upload logs from Event Viewer or anything else but may need some hand holding through that process. Thank y'all again so very much for any help in trying to solve this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users