Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformat PC with broken touch screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 liammarshall90

liammarshall90

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

Hello everyone,

I have just updated from windows 8 to 10 and I want to reformat it so I can start with an uncluttered computer. I have a touchscreen with a cracked screen and when this happened it took forever to turn the touchscreen option off because I had no control over the mouse. I want to reformat but I am worried it will turn the touchscreen function back on and then I won't be able to use the computer to get into settings and turn it off. Does anyone know if it will automatically default to touchscreen being turned on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:29 AM

Not sure if it will Default , but if the screen is damaged either get it repaired , or run a External Monitor to do the reformat.

Also are we talking about a Reformat with Disc`s or using the System Recovery Partition.

Edited by Havachat, 17 April 2016 - 12:30 AM.

#3 liammarshall90

liammarshall90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:35 AM

A system recovery. I just use it to watch films, use the internet and emails so I have no plans to get it fixed. It doesn't make it hard to see the screen, there is just a crack that is pushing on the side of the screen that make the touchscreen think I'm always clicking there. Even if I ran an external monitor if the touchscreen turned on I would still have the same problem.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

In that case run a Usb Mouse on the Install , and when done go to Device Manager and either Disable or completely remove the Driver for the Touchscreen. 

#5 liammarshall90

liammarshall90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

I appreciate the advise but my I don't think it will be possible to do that. Once the touch screen is on I can't use the mouse because it always goes back to the same spot in the screen. I might just give it a shot and hope for the best.

#6 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

Last resort is to dismantle it and disconnect the Touch Screen Ribbon Cable then start the reformatt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users